Got this error on a Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server. This server also hosted the Terminal Server lisencing service.
The Remote Desktop license server cannot update the license attributes for user “USER” in the Active Directory Domain “DOMAIN”. Ensure that the computer account for the license server is a member of Terminal Server License Servers group in Active Directory domain “DOMAIN”.
If the license server is installed on a domain controller, the Network Service account also needs to be a member of the Terminal Server License Servers group.
If the license server is installed on a domain controller, after you have added the appropriate accounts to the Terminal Server License Servers group, you must restart the Remote Desktop Licensing service to track or report the usage of RDS Per User CALs.
Win32 error code: 0x80070005
The following steps resolved the error:
- Run adsiedit.msc
- Open “Default Naming Context”
- Browse to where your user object are located
- Right-click on CN=<Your OU> and choose Properties
- On the Security tab, click the Advanced button
- Click the Add button, type Terminal Server License Servers and click OK
- On the Properties tab, select Descendant User objects in the Apply onto box
- Select Allow for all of the following:
Read msTSExpireDate Write msTSExpireDate Read msTSLicenseVersion Write msTSLicenseVersion Read msTSManagingLS Write msTSManagingLS