Recently a customer reported an error when trying to open address book in Outlook. The Offline address book was downloaded correctly and was opened correctly in Outlook. But if we tried to open “All Users”, “All rooms” or other custom address list Outlook reported the following error
I did some research and could not find any specific errors. But OWA did not report any error on browsing Address lists, so it had to be Outlook communication problems. Often when having Outlook problems, the solution then is to restart the RPC Client Access Server (since this was a Exchange 2010 environment).
And guess what, the restart of the RPC client Access server services was the quick and dirty solution once more. I also know that there has been several hotfixes in the RPC client access service in the latest RU for Exchange. And this environment did not have the latest updates installed.