Had a strange error after upgrading a System Center Configuration Manager installation to the latest and greatest and I thought I would do a quick short blogpost on it.
Four of the Site systems would not update themselves after the update and refused to update with new packages. When I looked at the distmgr.log I found this as a common symptom on all Site systems: Failed to copy F:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\vcredist_x64.exe to \\customer.domain.com\SMS_DP$\sms\bin\vcredist_x64.exe. GLE = 32
(This was the pie chart from the console showing me that one of the packages did not get distributed. I have learned that blogposts looks better with a pie chart )
I resolved this strange problem by renaming the vcredist_x64 file on each server. The issue was then resolved on the next distribution cycle.
I did not have time to pursue this error in detail, but this blogpost can perhaps help someone else that has the same problem.