We experienced strange issue after installation of Rollup 3 for Exchange 2007 SP3. Users reported that attachments on received mail were gone. We started to track down the issue, and found out that it was limited to mail with attachment (PDF and TIFF) sent from Mac Mail clients.
- Paperclip was gone in Outlook. Message size was correct
- OWA showed the attachment
- If we forwarded the messages internally, attachment still was hidden.
- If we forwarded the messages to a different Exchange org attachment was visible.
I searched around and found that this was an issue with Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollup 3.
set-OrganizationConfig -ShowInlineAttachments:$true (this worked for us, but other organization reports that still some attachments are invisible)
(The ShowInlineAttachments parameter causes the inbound conversion of messages so that they show inline attachments in the attachment well. This conversion is for clients that set an inline type but that do not reference the content).
- Open a case with PSS to request an IU for this fix.
- Rollback to Exchange SP3 RU 2
- Wait for RU 4
- Apply transport rule to messages and set “Content-Type” with “multipart/mixed” (This could mess up layout of the mail in Outlook)
The MS Exchange Team has a great blog post about this theme.