Yesterday the beta 1 for MDT 2012 became available from connect.microsoft.com.
What I first noticed was the 2 new templates when creating a task sequence:
Cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%ZTIVHDCreate.wsf" /VHDOutputVariable:OSDDiskIndex /VHDCreateFileName:RANDOM
And at the end it removes the OSDDiskIndex variable. (setting it to nothing) This Variable is used by the ZTIDiskpart.wsf. The release notes also stated that they have improved the partitioning and doing it as preferred by WAIK. I believe this is the extra Bitlocker partition. I have not deployed anything yet with MDT 2012 so I will create another post when I have done so.
New features copied the release notes:
· Support for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2, including the new application model and user device affinity (UDA).
· Improved Lite Touch partitioning, supporting the preferred partition layouts described in the Windows Automated Installation Kit.
· Support in Lite Touch for deploying 64-bit Windows® to computers that support Unified Extended Firmware Interface (UEFI) (without requiring compatibility support for legacy BIOS).
· New Lite Touch “Deploy to VHD” task sequence templates that support deploying a Windows 7 or Windows Server® 2008 R2 image into a virtual hard disk (VHD) file that can then be used for booting the OS (“boot from VHD”).
· Added support for deploying Windows ThinPC and Windows POSReady 7.
· Improved Lite Touch wizard look and feel.
· Continued support for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and all operating systems supported by MDT 2010.