Had an issue where some software failed to install in a task sequence, stating wrong username and password.
I then noticed that this step had the run this step as the following account checked:
So I (typically) assumed that it was this account associated with this step that had the wrong password or the account was locked out. So I sorted this out (I thought at least).
I ran the task sequence again and the same error occurred. I also noted the computer ended up in workgroup instead of the domain. Therefor I looked at the netsetup.log (C:windowsdebug) on the client and found 0x775 as a status message. For you that not know this the netsetup.log is the log that windows uses when you join a computer to the domain. If you convert this message to decimal using the set command:
It will become 1909. And if you then run:
It will say the actual meaning of this code. And guess what, yeah you are right:
”The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.”
So the join domain account was actually locked out. So I unlocked it and voîla it worked.