Here we go again, HP and its driver/Software that needs to be installed and not applied are always challange. This time I was struggeling with the HP 3D Driveguard. I ended up extracting it two times and using the MSI file.
I got it working on 8440p and 8530w, but should work on others as well
This is the procedure I used:
- Extract the SoftPaq, I used 7-ZipYou will see the following contents:
- Open command prompt (as Administrator) browse to the directory containing the files
- Extract the Setup.exe with this command:Setup.exe /extract:”path to existing folder”
For example Setup.exe /extract:C:driver_installHP_3D_DriveGuard
- Copied these files from C:driver_installHP_3D_DriveGuard to your sourcefiles share.
- Created a new package and a new program for with the following command line:msiexec.exe /qn /i HPMDPAI3264.x64.msi TRANSFORMS=HPMDPAI3264.mst REBOOT=ReallySuppress
- Update the package to your DP and Add the program to your Win7 X64 task sequence.