Tried to install Exchange 2010 server into an existing Exchange 2003 organization. Everything looked good, ForestPrep, ADprep went good. All pre requisites were OK. And Exchange 2010 started to install. CAS&HUB role installed successfully. I went to lunch and came back and saw that MBX role was still installing. Elapsed time was about 54minutes!!! I looked in the application log and read the following (was a lot of these errors):
- Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. – Error 0x8004010f.
- Error 0x8004010f connecting to Active Directory.
I had done ADprep and Forestprep successfully so I had contact with AD. And all the other roles was installed…
I opened ADSIedit and took a look at the security settings. And it was not marked for inheritance. (This causes many strange errors). I marked for inheritance, and went back to my installation. And guess what. It was successfully done!